"God's readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation's available for everyone! We're being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life. This new life is starting right now, and is whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears. He offered himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people he can be proud of, energetic in goodness."
ABOUT GCI CANADA
Who are we? Read about our history...
The Vision of Grace Communion International Canada is that our congregations will:
- Joyfully and zealously embrace Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through the Grace of God by faith.
- Promote an environment in which every member experiences the love of God and matures in holiness and godly living.
- Enable members to use their God-given spiritual gifts for the edifying of the whole body, in love for the work of the gospel, to the glory of the Father.
Our Mission is the shared mission of Christians everywhere:
To proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The gospel is the message that God is reconciling the world to himself and offering forgiveness of sin and eternal life through Jesus Christ.
With the vision and mission in mind, we will fulfill this:
- Through utter dependence upon Jesus Christ as our everliving Savior, Teacher, Lord and Friend.
- As witnesses of Jesus Christ in heart, deed and word to the end that God might be glorified and that people might believe and respond to the gospel.
- By planting and maintaining local congregations for the nurturing and growth of believers and to provide a collaborative presence as lights to the community.
- Through loyalty to the Word of God and commitment to proclaiming its message worldwide.
- Through commitment to biblically defined family values.
- By seeking to serve others and working for justice in human relationships and social structures.
- By partnering in ministry with Christians of other denominations to promote unity in the Body of Christ.
- By seeking common ground between Christians on core doctrines.
- By setting aside time regularly for prayer, meditation, and spiritual reading.
- By God's grace, striving against sin and doing deeds of love and mercy.
- By using the gifts of the Holy Spirit, nurturing the fruit of the Spirit and experiencing the joy and power of the Spirit.
- By studying the Scriptures regularly and sharing the faith with others as God leads.